Organizing My Life: Backseat Clean Up

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

On my quest to organize my life, one of the largest areas that needs help is my car! I drive a mama car. And it's the car we take around town and on road trips, and we take quite a few road trips. And as a result, it's filled with Hot Wheels, packs of wet wipes, crunched up Goldfish on the floor, and wads of Kleenex in the backseat where McKinley throws them after use. It's a disaster! I was forced to "clean" it out the other day when I had a friend rode with me, but it wasn't nearly as organized as I would like it to be. I want a place for the travel game boards, coloring books/crayons, and other miscellaneous kid friendly items that are wandering around the floor boards. Oh, and a trash can that's not a shopping bag that I found in the backseat. It's fine for now, but it flies all over the place, throwing the picked up trash back to where it came from. I need something that will stay put. Here is the brutal truth....




As you know, I love to browse the net for ideas and I headed straight to Buy, Buy, Baby for inspiration. And I found it! Tons of over the seat organizers that I love, but my only issue with these is that McKinley sits in the middle so he can't really reach the pockets in front of him. The cute storage containers that fit in the seat might be the way to go. However, I could get both! That why I'm ensured as much storage as possible. Here is what I found.


Look how nicely all that stuff fits and that it's all in one place! Not all over the floor and seats of the car. Now, if only it would vacuum up all the Goldfish...

Now to tackle the trashcan. I did see a really cute idea on Pinterest. Take an old wipes container, cover it with your favorite contact paper to dress it up a little, a voila! You have a re-useable car trashcan! Just another way to reduce, reuse, and recycle! Oh, and look at all the other things you can do with a wet wipe box. That's a whole 'nother blog post!
What are you currently using in your car for organization? I would love to know what works for you! Anything you've tried in the past that didn't? I can't be the only mama out there that needs the advice.

Stay tuned to see how clean my car looks post organization!

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush