First Day Back

Thursday, January 5, 2017

I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee, watching the snow pour down, a load of laundry going, and there is nothing but silence all around me. It's the first day back to school after winter break and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I know most parents long for this day. The day where everything somewhat goes back to normal, but I've kind of been dreading it.

McKinley has decided that he wants to go full-time to Kindergarten, we started part-time at the beginning of the school year, and I'm really proud of him for coming to this decision by himself. I knew I wanted to transition him at break, but deep down, I was hoping it wouldn't happen. I love having my mornings to myself, truth be told I could use more time, but I loved knowing that by 11:30 we would be home together and spending the rest of the day doing whatever we wanted. Maybe a trip to the zoo during warmer weather. Celebratory lunches for birthdays or just because. Or just doing nothing but playing all afternoon. It didn't matter the activity, it just meant that the two of was were together and content.

Another part of me felt that when he started going to school full-time, I was slowing starting to lose him. To friends, to after school activities, to girls..... I know the latter is further down that road, but it's always there in the back of my mind. This is the beginning of the end, in a sense. And it breaks my heart and makes me hopeful all at the same time. I want him to flourish. I want him to shine. I want him to excel. And I know that all begins with this new milestone. 

So what does that mean for me? Well, it means I can tackle my life's to-do list, which I found last night, and can start scratching off some of the items that have been lingering for years! I can find some time for me. Like read that book club book since we meet in two weeks! I have a laundry list of DIY things I need to complete for our booth. Calendar scheduling that I've been putting off, thank you notes that need to be written, organization of several closets, and a bedroom to paint. I've also got a list of blogs I would love to catch up on!

How many other mama's out there are struggling with the same Kindergarten empty nest feeling? What are you doing to fill your time? What feelings are you dealing with and how? I would love for you to share with all of us! We all need to stick together to get through this. However, I have a feeling we all might need a big glass of wine come 4:30!

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush