Dressing McKinley: Valentine's Day

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Can you believe it's February 1st? Here we go again with the "Where did the time go?" question. And it's always true. But I do love February. It's my mom's birthday month, Valentine's Day, and one month closer to spring! I'm excited for Valentine's Day this year because of all the fun things we get to do to celebrate. Because McKinley's in Kindergarten, and I'm co-room parent, it's party time and that means he has to have the cutest outfit for the festivities!

I have always been that mom that makes sure he has cute tees or sweaters for the holiday on the calendar, but it's getting harder and harder to find the older he gets. It appears that it's no longer cool to dress your child, especially boy, in sweet Valentine's Day sayings. If he were in 7th grade, I might say you're right, but not at five! He needs a cute shirt. And luckily, other retailers agree with me!

Of the ones I found, I have a fondness for a few of them. Like Snoopy! I love that those two don't scream Valentine's Day because he can wear it beyond the 14th. Same goes for the pizza hoodie. And the way my child plows through pizza, this is definitely the shirt he needs! However, how sweet is Mickey's face smiling back at you! And McKinley loves Paw Patrol and Rubbel is pretty adorable! It's going to be hard to chose.

How do you feel about dressing your child in holiday flair? Is it your thing or do you just let the day pass dressing them in whatever you could get them to wear? I don't have to go the cute tee route though. He has some really cute red things that I can put together for the day. We'll see what I come up with the day before. In the meantime, what do you think of the shirts above?

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush