A New Week

Monday, February 27, 2017

Good Morning All! I've been missing, I know, but I have a very good reason. The flu hit our house and hit it hard. I was down for the count for about three days and my son got it while I was still trying to recover. Do you know how hard it is the still be sick and take care of a five year old? A five year old, that even when he's running a fever, still wants to play? Who does that? All I wanted to do was lay on the couch, nap, watch TV, and do nothing! I have no idea where any of his energy came from, but he was full of it.... at times.

It all seemed so innocent. We went to the zoo on Sunday, walking miles before we ever entered due to the amount of visitors, and then walked even more while inside. It felt great to be outdoors, soaking up the sunshine, and spending time with family. But by Sunday night, I was exhausted. Monday morning was a little more difficult. I was so sore. My legs felt like jello and it hurt to stand. I couldn't believe how out of shape I was! I walk and move all day, so how could a day at the zoo cause me to feel like I had just run a marathon? I immediately started thinking of all the fitness things I needed in my life to get me ready for spring and summer. (That post is coming later in the week.) But then the soreness was followed by aches, chills, and a slight fever. No good! By Tuesday, I was calling my husband at work to see if he could come home to take McKinley  to school, checking the school lunch calendar so that I didn't have to pack McKinley's lunch, and praying for the moment I could simply lay on the couch and just be. And on the couch is where I was for the next two days! 

I cleaned out the DVR, slept, sweated, drowned myself in liquids, popped Advil, slept, sweated some more, and relied on everyone in my family to assist me with McKinley and other household chores. I put in loads of laundry (mostly sheets and drenched pajamas) when I could. Assisted with dinner when possible. But for the most part, I was not much use around the house. And I am the most grateful person today! I made a list of things I am thankful for and I'm sharing them with you.


1) My husband! Instead of just going off to work and leaving me to figure it out, he took the time to work from home in the morning to get McKinley to school. He made breakfast, assisted with lunch, packed him up for school, and did all the necessary drop off details so it appeared seamless to McKinley. He ate not so great meals for dinner because there was no way I could cook actual full course dinners. And he washed more loads than normal, sterilized everything around him, and did all the nighttime rituals with the McKinley. And when I couldn't get out of bed to get Advil and water in the middle of the night because my fever was so debilitatingly high, he did without question. I couldn't have done it without him!

2) My parents! They are always waiting in the wings for something around here and last week was no different! They picked McKinley up from school, took over to their house for snacks, playtime, and after school activity work. They offered to take him to school so Joel wouldn't miss work and to take him to the doctor when they weren't sure I would be able to. They came by to pick up the kitties so McKinley would have his beloved blanket for the afternoon. And took the toys he requested before he left for school. Again, my saviors that are always there for us! I couldn't do anything in life without them!!

3) My job! I love my job!! And I am so thankful that I was able to be sick, tend to my sick child, and not worry about work! I didn't have to take vacation. I didn't have to take sick time. I didn't have to do anything but take care of me and my son. And my job was there for me when I needed. I still worked. Just ask anyone that follows my Stella VIP Page. Just ask my current hostess. I worked when I could and took the time off that I needed. This is honestly the best job that I have ever had and it's all mine!! So thankful for the opportunity that Stella & Dot has provided me! 

4) My health! I may not have been super healthy for about a week, but I was able to recover from a bout with the flu and walk away. I am thankful that I was able to fight it off with just a week of Tamiflu. I am a healthy 43 year old and so grateful! And, it's made me realize I need to start taking better care of myself. Again, more to come later in the week!


It's a new week! A new outlook! A new beginning. And, we're looking at a new month in just a few days. What are you thankful for today?

XO,
Andrea

1 comment:

 
electric toothbrush