Back to School - What to Wear

Monday, August 15, 2016

My favorite thing about going back to school was definitely all the back to school shopping! I loved getting my school supply list and picking out the Trapper Keeper that would last me all year. It usually involved one with a kitten or something super girly. And then there was the clothes shopping. Probably my favorite thing ever! I remember for middle school my aunt splurged and got me a personal shopper who I used for three years. Talk about being best dressed!

I really haven't lost my knack for shopping. I love to shop and now I love to shop for my son more than I love shopping for myself. Even at the park or zoo, he's the best dressed five year old I know! So why should school be any different. And, with starting Kindergarten, he has to have the perfect wardrobe to last all school year long. 

My go-to brands are Mini Boden, Carters, Janie and Jack, Polo, and Crazy 8. They offer the best selections of laid back cool and prepster kid. And with these pieces I've chosen, I think I've created a great blend of both. Check out some of my picks below!


I am big into layers. For summer through winter, I think it's essential to have something for every weather scenario. Button downs can be paired under t-shirts and sweater or they can be worn over short sleeves as a form of jacket. Shorts with sweatshirts and button downs are the perfect early fall look and both look great with jeans and colored chinos for cooler days. I also love a down vest, not pictured, when it's not quite coat weather. 

And yes, this is what I dress my child in daily. He is always in a chino type short with a cute printed tee. Yes, he wears Ralph Lauren sweaters, button downs, and colored pants. How is it any different than little girls in their ruffles, lace, and bows? It's not. And instead of bows, he wears hats. The cutest caps in plaid and other boyish designs. In a word, stylish!

What do you have your kids wearing for back to school? Any specific place you love to shop? When do you stop guiding your child on their clothing choices? I'm hoping that it never comes to that in this house. I think I might cry! Speaking of cry, I'm still in tears daily just thinking about his first day of Kindergarten. The only thing that's helping is thinking about that first day look!

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush