Holiday Bucket List - Week One

Friday, December 8, 2017


It's been a week since I posted the Holiday Bucket List and I'm checking in to see how your progress is coming. Ours isn't all that far along, but it's early, right?

We put up our tree the week of Thanksgiving. It seems to go up earlier every year. It used to be an iron clad rule of mine that the tree, or anything holiday related, didn't go up until after Thanksgiving. However, over the last couple of years, I feel like it brings so much joy to our family that it's just needed! Isn't that what this time of year is all about? Comfort and Joy! But, I don't put up just one tree. I put up several. Our main tree is in the living room, a pre-lit red tree is in the kitchen, McKinley's holiday tree is in his room, and I'm debating on if I'm going to put up the Barbie tree or the antique aluminum tree in our den. I'm leaning toward the latter. 


 


I've had Christmas scented candles going for some time now, but my favorite is the Yankee Candle "Holiday Wish". I can't really pin point the scent. It's basically Christmas in jar!


McKinley's annual visit with Santa took place last weekend and it was magically as usual. Jordan Photography has the best Santa's, our favorite is Santa Jerry, and their photos turn out perfectly every time! We've been using them for years. If you're in the KC area, you need to use them! 


This weekend is going to be full of holiday cheer. McKinley is hosting his first Holiday Cookie Decorating party on Sunday and I'm so looking forward to the fun afternoon. His friends are decorating gingerbread houses (I'm making them out of graham crackers), while sipping on hot chocolate and snacking on actual gingerbread cookies. I'm going to try and squeeze in a light viewing at Deanne Rose Farmstead tonight, but saving our family lighting viewing for the weekend of Christmas. And, McKinley informed me this morning that Granddaddy is putting up their tree today and we're helping him decorate it this weekend. See what I mean about a weekend of holiday cheer!

What has been checked off your list?

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush