Party Planning: All the Prep

Monday, October 30, 2017

So, the dinner party is set for Saturday night and the invites have been sent. I've made several decisions since I last shared. We have a dinner menu, signature cocktail, and dessert. I've got an appetizer that is going to be amazing and I've done plenty of research on the best antipasti platter I can find. I've been planning dinnerware, flatware, glassware, and dessert glasses and I love it all! And, I've created my trusty timeline that you know I love to make. Lists are my jam!


Let's recap. I have my inspiration for my tablescape centerpiece, but I have to truly decide on the one I love most. I'm leaning toward the pumpkins. So simple yet so chic.


I'm thinking I'm going with the peacocks! I've never used them and now is the time to introduce them to the world! I've purchased a linen table cloth in a very neutral taupe with napkins to match. However, they only had four, so I'm on the hunt for another set, possibly in a contrasting color like chocolate brown. I'm using the grapevine chargers to offset the fancy dishes and using simple glassware. Keeping it rustic is key!


So now we have the menu. I'm going to serve an Italian fest. I'm making my mom's famous, famous to us, lasagna. I'm going to have a hardy salad with homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette, and simple hunks of bread. But up first, an antipasti appetizer that will hopefully look as glorious as these!



And with the apps, we're serving up a signature cocktail of a Spiced Pear Moscow Mule. It sounds define and easy to make. That's key. You don't want to be making a bunch of drinks all evening. One simple cocktail, with ingredients written for refills, keeps you engaged in the party and conversations. What I can't decide is where to have the bar. I've got a dry sink at the entry of our front door and a buffet in our living room. Either would be the perfect space. I just need to decide which space would be easier to use. 


Can you see the dry sink by the front door? It is one of my favorite pieces in my house. Aside from my Hoosier Cabinet and Pie Safe. (My living room has changed a little since this photo was taken. Old pieces removed and new ones updated the space.)


Here's where I am so far! I have a lot to do, but at the same time, I feel prepared. I've made my list, started the cleaning/straightening process this weekend so I'm not overwhelmed come Saturday morning. And with Friday being my birthday, I won't be doing too much party prep. Instead, I'll be doing some celebrating! I'll keep you posted this week on how things are coming along!

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush