An Apple Crisp with all Those Apples

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I'm still making my way through the apple pile and I've loved experimenting with recipes I've never made! Aside from apple pie and caramel apples, what other things are synonyms with apples and fall? An apple crisp! And man it was it delicious. And super easy to make!

I borrowed a recipe from the Tastes Better From Scratch blog and modified a few things. Like making my own caramel sauce. But if you aren't feeling that adventurous, that's okay. She has a really easy caramel sauce in her recipe. Armed with apples, and my recipe, it was time to get to work.

Again, I used my handy apple corer and slicer for the job, as as well as my peeler to peel the apples. These tools are a must for any apple task going forward!


Once you have the apples cored and sliced, you are going to take the slices and slice them even thinner!


Following the recipe, you are going to combine the ingredients to layer the apple slices with some yummy goodness! Like all that cinnamon and sugar that's coated all over! I could eat the slices just like this!


Now, if you are going to make your own caramel sauce, here are the things you'll need. A stick of butter, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and then add the brown sugar and milk. Stir the mixture for 1-2 minutes until thick. Then add a teaspoon of vanilla and stir to combine. I added mine back into the measuring cup so I could easily drizzle it over the apples. Again, I could eat this with just a spoon! So good over the ice cream you'll top over the crisp! 

 

Now for the crumble. It's a standard crumble. Oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Just follow the recipe!


You can mix the crumble with what works best for you. I started with a fork and decided to just go in with my hands. You can also use a pastry cutter. Again, what ever works. Below is the consistency you want.


Pour the apples into a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. I wish I had used a few more apples and a smaller baking dish, but it didn't matter in the end. Every last morsel was gone!. Drizzle the caramel sauce all over the apples, leaving a little extra to drizzle over the servings.


Layer your crumble all over the apple mixture.


And here is the yummy baked apple crisp! I loved pulling it out of the oven and seeing those edges bubbling over! It smelled divine and it was everything you think an apple crisp should taste like! You have to try it!


If you are keeping track at home, that's two apple recipes down and more apples to bake! Up next, apple fritters!

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush