Mama DIY: Spiderweb Painted Top

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

 A couple of weeks ago, Orly Shani made the most adorable spiderweb inspired, hand painted leggings and top on Home and Family. And, after watching the segment, I knew I needed to make one as well. With being room parent to McKinley's class this year, and the Halloween party next week, I knew this top would be the perfect thing to wear! 

I actually wore it yesterday and plan to wear it again over the weekend. It's not just for Halloween!

Here is what you'll need:
Scribbles 3D Paint (they also make glow in the dark), A Black Top or Leggings, a Board to place between the garment, and Your imagination

I got this cute top at TJ Maxx. I love the sweater vibe!


Orly created a rather large web on the shoulder of her top and the affect was amazing! I recreated the look with mine, although mine didn't look nearly as dramatic has hers! Watch the video to get all the scoop here! Practice on a piece of paper before you get started. I wish I had done that.....

Then just go for it! Start with the center hexagon and create the threads of the web. String a few pieces across the top as well. So cool, right?
 




 And here is how it's turning out...


And here's the finished product!







And just like Orly said, embrace the imperfections because an actual spiderweb has breaks within it. It makes it more authentic! This little DIY took a couple of days, so don't think this is something you can whip up the day of. Make sure to follow the direction on the bottle. It takes about 7 hours to dry. But when it's done, it's so cute!!

I hope you give this one a try and share your final product with all of us!

Happy Halloween Week!

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush