Mama Drinks: Apple Cider Cocktail

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy First Day of Fall! Here in Kansas City, it doesn't feel anything like fall, but next week things are changing! I'm not really ready to say goodbye to summer, but I do love this time of year. All the fall festivals are in full swing, visiting pumpkin patches where we pick our fair share of variety of pumpkins for the front stoop, and yummy fall drinks. And I'm not just talking about pumpkin spice drinks! However, I do have one of those I'll be sharing. But today, I'm talking about apple cider!

This drink was inspired by our apple picking trip several weeks ago. It's too hot for a warm apple cider, but it is warm enough for an iced drink! And that's what I'm bringing you. An iced versions of an Apple Cider Cocktail.

 Here's what you need:
Apple Jam/Jelly, Cinnamon Simple Syrup, Vodka, Club Soda

Let's talk about the cinnamon simple syrup. I made my own, but I guess you could buy some. To make it you need a cup of water, a cup of sugar, and one cinnamon stick. Allow the sugar to dissolve in the water over a low heat. The cinnamon stick will infuse at the same time in the water. Allow the mixture to cool before removing the cinnamon stick and use. You can store this in the fridge for a couple of weeks in an air tight container. Would be so good in your morning coffee for a little taste of added warmth. Or yummy in a bowl of oatmeal!


And while we're talking about the ingredients, seen below, I will now talk about the apple jam/jelly. I had a little remaining in my jar, not enough to use on toast, so I decided to use it in a cocktail. Place a tablespoon or so of jam into a bowl and add a little bit of water. Stir to combine and then heat for a few seconds at a time in the microwave. You want the jam to be thin but not soupy. You still want to see the color in the cocktail. Set aside.


Fill your glass with ice and add several teaspoons of the apple jam mixture to the bottom of the glass.


Add a shot of vodka or more to taste.


Fill the remaining glass with club soda and top with the cinnamon simple syrup. Mix well. You want to make sure you get all that apple jam mixture from the bottom of the glass. Top with a slice of dried apple or apple chip! 

Sip and enjoy!


Another great apple substitute would be apple cider beer or apple brandy!

I loved this drink and I'm ready to make it again soon. There is nothing like fall when blended with apple, cinnamon, and vodka!

Cheers!
XO,
Andrea 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush