McKinley's Paining Party

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Well, my baby boy turned seven last week and it was a weekend of constant celebration! On Friday, we had a small family party which included dinner at home and an express train cake per McKinley's request. It was a low key event, which was perfectly fine, as the next day was his birthday party with friends. But we were more than ready!


I've been prepping for weeks. As you know from my previous post, I've been making lists, timelines, and working on various DIY projects for the party. We had a painting party which was the perfect setting for this sweet group of kids. Each child had their own work space, a blank canvas for their creation, and all the time they needed to work on their masterpiece. But before hand, we took photos in front of a fun backdrop and they totally hammed it up! After the painting was complete, the group decided to take to the backyard and they played hard! Only taking time out to come inside and sing Happy Birthday while McKinley blew out the candles on his paint palette cake. Back outside again, the mom's took to the kitchen and toasted McKinley in the best way we knew how, with glasses of champagne! It was truly the best day ever!

My husband took some amazing photos during the party. Check out these kiddos in action as they put a lot of thought into their work and then smiled for the camera as they showed off their creation. They are truly the sweetest!


 




 















 
Remember those DIY birthday candles I told you about? Well, there they are! Aren't they darling? I love how they turned out! Perfect for his birthday cake. And, the only way to go with candles in the future. Thanks, Maria for this amazing idea!



I'm pretty sure this guy had the best birthday weekend. I know I enjoyed every minute. And now, I'm going to take a much needed break! Sipping on some coffee and putting my feet up. This mama is tired!


XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush