Finding Confidence

Thursday, June 1, 2017

As most of you know, I'm an Entrepreneur. I'm a Stylist with Stella & Dot and I have a home decor/antique booth with my mom called Southern Unique Elegance. My Stella business is my full time job, aside from being mama to McKinley, and I'm loving what I'm doing. But, I've been doing some soul searching lately to find out a few things about myself that might ultimately help my business grow.

I had an incredible May, the first big month for me and my business, and I have a new fire of motivation! I have an amazing new stylist on my team, Brandy, and she has the same "get up and go" that I've had since I started. The two of us are going to be a force. I can feel it. And with June, I've got new goals and dreams. However, when speaking with our Crown Jewel leader during a training/motivational meeting with our team last night, I said words out loud that I had only been saying to myself. I lack confidence.


There was a time where I was incredibly confident, or just young and stupid, and I didn't let much stand in my way. I was the top sales person in an eight store region with Harold's. I had a client book(s) that rivaled most in our store. I picked up the phone without a moments hesitation to talk with a customer about an upcoming sale or promotion. I booked client fittings left and right. And it paid off. When I moved to Corporate America, I took an inside sales job. It wasn't super glamorous, but it was job, and a job I was really good at. Whenever was there was a contest around a current promotion, you can bet I won it! You dangle the bait and I'm going for it.

Years later, after leaving sales and becoming a Project Manager, I still had that go get em attitude. And it paid off in that I was the top requested Project Manager on my team. Our manager used to tell us that they may not have liked us while we managed their project, but it spoke volumes to be requested over and over. I took pride in that. And then, I was laid off. A blessing in disguise. I wanted to be home with my son, but I wasn't going to leave the money on the table just to quit. And I didn't have to do that. A blessing.

But along the way, I've lost my mojo. My no fear attitude. My confidence. I don't have the same go get em spirit that I once did. Fear is standing in my way. I fear that I'm going to make someone mad. That I'm going to offend someone if I ask them to host a trunk show. If I tell them that I think they're going to love something because it looks just like them. And honestly, how silly is that? Why would anyone be offended because I told them they would look pretty in something? Because I think they would like to get free jewelry just for hosting a trunk show. And if they are offended, it's not me, it's them. I have to get over this fear. Because if I don't, I'm not going anywhere with my business, or with my self-confidence, and doing myself and my team a disservice. The best words utter last night; "Once you stop caring about what others think, you will have a brand new mind set."


I want to be successful. I want to be able to bring home a weekly paycheck that doesn't keep me from doing things I love doing. I want to be able to buy a new pair of shoes because I want them. Get a manicure because it makes me feel good. To continue McKinley's dance career and all that comes with it. I want to take our family on a trip to Disney World next year and not have to worry about how we're going to pay for it later. (I've never said that out loud!) I want to build a team of Stylists and provide them with the tools they need to be as successful as they want to be. And that includes passing on my confidence as well. To lead by example. But I have to find that confident girl I once was. I mean, if your Crown Jewel leader asks why you aren't a Star Stylist because she believes you should be, you better believe I'm going to make it happen. Why can she see it and I can't? She's in there. She just needs to come out and kick ass! 

Are you a girl that exudes confidence? If so, how do you do it? What is your daily attitude to remind yourself that you can do it? That you're worth it? I would love to know more! 


XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush