Holiday Bucket List - Cocktails with Friends

Friday, December 7, 2018

I learned early on that every party deserves a signature cocktail. And who better to learn the ropes than from Sandra Lee! It's always cocktail time at Aunt Sandy's. I've used her cocktail recipes for years. However, I've been dabbling in dessert versions of cocktails over the years so I decided to take a crack on creating my own holiday cocktail to serve the girls when toasting them this season.

I got to work yesterday at my mom's house, she has all the booze, and came up with two versions of what I'm calling the Peppermint Stick! And man was it tasty! Here is what you'll need!

I am using a milk chocolate liqueur and a white chocolate liqueur. I've also got peppermint Schnapps, smashed up candy canes, and candy canes for garnish. The marshmallows are for a follow up cocktail..... I love making drinks in Mason Jars, but you can also get super festive and make them in fun holiday glasses. I have a shot glass and small spoon for mixing.


Fill your glass half way with ice. Pour in a shot of the milk chocolate liqueur, the peppermint Schnapps, and stir until mixed. Top with crushed peppermint and garnish with a broken off piece of a candy cane for a instant stirrer!



Do the exact same thing with the white chocolate liqueur and use a mini candy cane for garnish. It can also be used for a stirrer when the cocktail needs to be mixed! My mom preferred the white chocolate version and I preferred milk chocolate!




I love the idea of having all of my mixes in cute little pitchers versus having all the bottles out. It's less cluttered and makes it a little fancier. If you were going to have a Self Serve bar, write out the direction on a tiny chalk board so your guests know the amounts to add to their glass. Obviously, they can add more or less depending on taste. 

If you want to make a non-alcoholic version, use chocolate milk and peppermint simple syrup. You can still add the crushed peppermint candies and a candy cane for garnish. Perfect for the kiddos!

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush