Mama Style File: Velvet

Monday, November 14, 2016

Last week was rough for this Mama. I took McKinley to the doctor after diagnosing him for over a week with a cold. Turns out it was a sinus infection. While there, I was running a low grade temp, and not feeling all that great myself, but he needed the appointment before I did. By Thursday, I was being forceably pushed into the Minute Clinic by my mom because she was sure I had strep. I lost my voice on Wednesday afternoon, and as I write this post in Sunday night, I still can't talk! It's been rough! Turns out I too have a sinus infection.

So, to make myself feel better, I've been surfing the net for pretty things. I am thinking of the upcoming holiday season and the few things we will be doing as a family and as adults. In the past, I've always tried to go with glam looks, but this year I'm thinking comfy glam is the way to go! And there are so many options.

I've found leggings (which I never wear as pants), tops, blazers, dresses, and shoes. I've always loved velvet, I think a simple black velvet dress is the classiest thing ever, so these new trendier pieces are right on the mark! And to be perfectly honest, I would wear each and every one of them. And, I may have already styled them with existing pieces in my closet and for party's we haven't been invited too! And the velvet slip-on sneakers? Yes Please! I can totally wear these while running all over the city and feel so chic while doing so! 



With Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks, how amazing would that gold jacket look? I'm obsessed with the smokey gray leggings. The cropped blazer from Target is darling. And those drapey pants are amazing!  

Like I said, I love each of these pieces and could easily work them into my everyday look, as well as, the dressy occasions we have on the horizon.  

Just thought I would share a little of the things that are bringing me joy. And right now, joy is what I'm trying to incorporate into my life in small and large doses. What's bringing you joy these days?

XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush