Perfect Sweet Tea and the Adult Arnold Palmer

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Sweet Tea is often referred to as the House Wine of the South. And it's so true. When we head back to East Tennessee, you never have to asked for sweet tea. You have to inform the wait staff that you want un-sweetened tea. And I love that sweet tea is making it's way to the Midwest. You still have to ask for it, but it's becoming easier to find. So happy!

My mom and I make sweet tea every time we make tea, however my dad is not a fan. My husband never touches it. That just means there's more of us! So when we started our week at the river, we kicked it off with making sweet tea for the week. But, I happened to take a bottle of Citrus Vodka on the trip. I had big plans for this special bottle. I knew there would be a time during the trip that I would be in need for a Mama Drink! What's a Mama Drink you might ask? Sometime it's something from Starbucks. Other times, it's a little bit of alcohol. At home, I find that I drink beer and wine, but I've been experimenting with mixed drinks. 

I mentioned on my previous blog, Style My Way, that I am not a typical cocktail drinker. In fact, I don't drink cocktails at all. Unless they come with a ton of fruit and an umbrella. And around this time last year, I started playing around with various forms of alcohol to make, and find, the best mixed drink for me. And I will bring you those recipes as they unfold.

But let's start with the Adult Arnold Palmer. You first have to start with the perfect sweet tea. This recipe comes from my cousin Kenneth. And it's good! Place six individual tea bags, or three family size, in a kettle with a cup of sugar. Add six cups of cold water to that and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Add six cups of cold water to a pitcher, remove the steeped tea bags, and add the tea to the cold water. Add ice and stir. 


And if that wasn't easy enough, the Arnold Palmer versions is simplistic! You fill glasses with ice, how cute are these ball jar glasses, and pour in some tea, leaving room for the vodka. Add a jigger, or cap full in our case (or more to taste) and stir. I added lemon slices for garnish and prettiness. And, they add just another hint of lemon to your drink. And that's it!! Sip and repeat!



A great place to sip tea is on the porch and that's where I sipped it several times during the week. How great does it look on my rusted out bar cart?! I can't wait to get to work on this guy. He's going to be a labor of love. I will definitely share all the progress along the way.


Let me know if you decided to try both recipes and let me know your thoughts? I love sharing tips and tricks! 

XO,
Andrea 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush