KC Weekend Fun - Kansas City Boat & Sportshow

Monday, January 6, 2020

It's the first full Monday after the holiday/winter break, and I don't know about you, but I was ready to get back to a routine. I love being home with everyone, but it's so nice to get back to normalcy! And even though he would never admit, I'm pretty sure McKinley was ready to get back to school himself!

But now that we have all this "time on our hands", what are we going to do with it? Well, I have a list of all the things I want to accomplish this week, so that  when the weekend rolls around, I feel like I've earned a weekend of play! And when I say play, I mean it! Here's what I've got on my radar and you should to!

The Kansas City Boat and Sportshow is back and it's loaded with all the fun! This annual event is held at Bartel Hall and starts on Thursday January 9th and runs through Sunday January 12th. Check out the times below! 

Thursday, Jan. 9, 2-9 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 10, Noon-9 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 11, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

And here's what they have in store!

  • New! Paddle Sports Pool, where attendees can get their feet wet checking out demos and testing a new Hobie or Jackson Kayak. Seminars and open paddle times will be posted on-site.
  • New! Career Day, where students and job seekers can get career advice and hear about job openings from marine business professionals on Friday, Jan. 10.
  • New! The Show Me Stage, where attendees can hear from fishing experts and watch fishing and casting demonstrations.
  • Back by Popular Demand! Fred’s Shed, offering do-it-yourself enthusiasts and boat owners the chance to hear professional, practical advice on maintaining, repairing and upgrading your boat or motor.
  • Boats & Brews, featuring live music, craft beer tastings and more on Friday, Jan. 10 from 5-9 p.m. Tickets will be available online.
  • The Hawg Trough, a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers – a chance to see firsthand how fish react to various rods and bait.
  • KC Food Truck Mafia, serving up tasty, unique fare inside of Bartle Hall during the show from a variety of local food trucks.
  • Willow Creek Trout Pond, where little ones can practice their angling skills for free, reeling in live trout.


I know that I am personally interested in the Paddle Sports Pool and watching McKinley at the Willow Creek Trout Pond! He's really taken to fishing when we vacation at my parents river house, so this will give him some practice before he head back down this spring. And he loves a good food truck, as do I!

To plan ahead, tickets are $12 for adults, and children under 12 are free. However, because you are followers of This Kansas City Mama, I've got a deal for you! Use this discount code to get a buy one get one ticket discount. Use code "BOATGO6" at checkout! And, if you really want to take advantage of a deal, head over to my This Kansas City Mama Facebook page to enter to win a family 4-pack of tickets!!

For additional information, head here! This page will give you all the details you need to plan your weekend and day of fun at the Kansas City Boat and Sportshow!



XO,
Andrea

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
electric toothbrush